These beautiful protein muffins with apple, mixed nuts and figs will fill your home with the smell of cinnamon while packing an awesome proteinn punch with over 10g in every muffin!
I used Natural Nutrients Vanilla protein powder but you can use any you like. Just remember to alter the macros for the powder you use.
If you don’t like apples, feel free to try these out with pear or blueberries. Any type of nut will taste amazing. I’d love to hear how they turn out for you.
250g Plain Flour
1.5 tps Baking Powder
0.5 tsp Cinnamon
50g Chopped Mixed Nuts
50g Margarine (I used Flora Light)
100g Granulated Sugar
75g of peeled diced apple
75g of chopped dried figs
300ml of 1% fat milk (or use milk of your choice)
1. Sift flour, protein powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Stir in the sugar.
3. Add beaten egg, milk and melted margarine and mix until blended
4. Add in figs, apple and chopped nuts and mix to a batter
5. Ladle into a greased muffin tin (or into muffin paper cases)
6. Place into oven at 200 degrees for 30-35 mins (checking frequently) until they have risen and are a nice golden brown)
Don’t forget to use code ILOVECARBS to grab some savings in the Team RH Shop https://teamrhfitness.com/shop/