No-Bake 4-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
These No-Bake 4-Ingredient Energy Bites with peanut butter (or any nut butter) will give you a boost in protein!
These are great for breakfast or for a quick snack if you are a busy Mum like me! I used to have a protein bar everyday as a treat really, But usually those bars are not macro-friendly. They usually have equal amounts of fat, carbs and protein.
Some substitutes you can make:
- Why not swap out Peanut butter for Dried Peanut butter powder (lower in cals)
- If you’re not a fan of Peanut butter, Try almond or Cashew nut butter instead.
- If you want to inject a bit of fibre, add in some flaxseeds or chia seeds.
- If you don’t want to use maple syrup, It can be changed out for honey or a ripe banana. These are to add sweetness but also to bind the mixture.
- You can also try adding some raisins, coconut or cacao. Remember to recalculate the calorie content in MFP with your particular items.
Prep Time 10 mins
Keyword: chocolate peanut butter energy balls, energy balls recipe, energy bites recipe, peanut butter oat energy bites
- 510g (1 ½ cups) rolled oats/porridge oats
- 170g (1/2 cup) peanut butter (Or any nut butter)
- 43, ( 1/3 cup) maple syrup (or honey)
- 43g (1/3 cup) chocolate chips
- 43g (1/3 cup) Protein Powder (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to ensure the oats are evenly covered with syrup of your choice.
- Move to chill in the fridge for approximately 30 mins.
- Remove from the Fridge and use a tablespoon to dispense enough mixture to make a nice sized ball and roll in the palm of your hands.
Eat and enjoy!
Please leave a comment with any substitution you made and how they tasted!